Financial Crime Strategy
1. To build knowledge and understanding about the cause and effects of financial crime on the economy of Guernsey.
2. To increase the amount of criminal proceeds recovered and increase the proportion of cases in which they are pursued.
3. To make innovative use of the criminal and Civil Forfeiture legislation.
4. To continue to collaborate with international partners to ensure that, together, we effectively prosecute those responsible for financial crimes and/or recover the proceeds using criminal or civil law.
5. To build upon the risk assessment culture which identifies the threats and vulnerabilities posed by financial crime.
6. To maintain an appropriate overarching strategy to counter financial crime, involving all partners, that enables sustained confidence and growth in Guernsey's economic future.
7. To support inter Agency working and to value the contribution of partners concerned with mitigating the impact of financial crime within the Bailiwick.
Financial Investigation UnitOzanne Hall, Mignot Plateau, Cornet Street, St Peter Port, GY1 1LF, Guernsey
Tel: 44 (0)1481 714081 Fax: 44 (0)1481 710466