Financial Intelligence Service
The Financial Intelligence Service (FIS) is jointly staffed by Police and Guernsey Border Agency staff. The FIS is the central point of contact for the reporting of all Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs); receiving, requesting, analysing and disseminating to the competent authorities.
• To provide evaluated financial intelligence to Bailiwick Government departments, International bodies and regulatory agencies by producing quality intelligence packages or profiles utilising all resources available, ensuring that they are produced in a timely manner.
• To effectively analyse and evaluate STR information; to identify quality financial intelligence, ensuring that all relevant detail is provided by the FSB; developing and disseminating this quality intelligence to other competent authorities expediently, in accordance with agency key objectives.
• To identify money laundering offences or other financial crime in all work undertaken by the FIU, in conjunction with Agency objectives, increasing the number of financial crime prosecutions referred to the Law Officers.
• To continue to service MLAT's with emphasis on identifying local criminality, properly recording and analysing intelligence and developing the potential for local financial crime investigations.
• To continue to develop, through self motivation, and improve knowledge and understanding in relation to financial crime, through resources available, evidenced through PDP and CPD in conjunction with the NPIA and timescales.
Financial Investigation UnitOzanne Hall, Mignot Plateau, Cornet Street, St Peter Port, GY1 1LF, Guernsey
Tel: 44 (0)1481 714081 Fax: 44 (0)1481 710466